Saturday, April 17, 2010

37 Weeks Today!!

I'm 37 weeks pregnant today... know what that means?? I'm technically full term. Full term is considered anywhere between 37 and 42 weeks pregnant. Under 37 weeks is pre-term and over 42 weeks is post-term. 40 weeks is just an average. So, that means if I have the baby today, he or she should be just fine. It's also a reminder that I could go into labor at any moment although unlikely.

I had an appointment this past Wednesday and the baby was head down so as long as nothing changes, we're good to go for a natural birth! I wasn't dilated at all (that's a good thing since I'd like to wait until at least 39 weeks to give baby a chance to fatten up) and my blood pressure was 104/62 which means I'm not showing any signs of pre-eclampsia! All good news. From here on out it's the waiting game mixed with the guessing game. Don't forget to submit your guesses on expectnet.com (search for game: rexsarrival) of when you think the baby is coming and how big/long, what time, etc. We've got 16 people guessing so far. It's about half and half on the boy/girl competition but only 5 people think this baby is coming before the due date... c'mon guys, give me a break! And yes, there will be a prize at the end. Don't forget to spread the word so everyone gets a chance to guess, even those who don't read the blog or my Facebook. I will be closing the poll a week from today.

Well, I've got to go wash some baby clothes and make sure everything is in my hospital bag. Hopefully I'll be using it sooner than later!!

1 comment:

  1. Lets get this show on the road. I'm ready to be a grandpa.

    ReplyDelete