We got to see our little gummy bear! Today at our first prenatal appointment they did an ultrasound. As soon as the midwife turned the monitor our direction we saw a very clear picture of our little blob. She first showed us a "snapshot" she took to measure the baby. Baby was 2.78cm from "rump to crown" and that meant baby was 9weeks, 4days... about 3 days older than we expected so our new estimated delivery date (due date) is May 8, 2010. Then she switched the monitor to "live" movement. The baby was moving much more than I expected... I really didn't expect to see much movement this early. While we were watching the baby move it appeared as though the baby was waving at us. It was so cute! It was really weird watching the movements, thinking about how the baby was inside me and growing into a human that I would hold eventually... and take care of and raise, and watch first steps, hear first words... way cool. It made the pregnancy so much more REAL. The baby stopped moving and the midwife was saying, "Move baby, they like watching you move" and proceeded to "stimulate" the baby with the ultrasound wand and baby started moving again. How neat!
I'll be posting the ultrasound pictures as soon as I can. I don't have a scanner at the moment so I'm going to have to get creative. I might just have to take pictures of the pictures... we'll see how that comes out.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Too cool cant wait !!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting!!! We never had those kind of things when I was pregnant. That is so neat.
ReplyDelete